Reputedly supplied new to the US Consulate in Ireland for use by the Consul General's bodyguards (and one of just three such 'Woodies' made)
- Treated to an extensive bodywork / woodwork restoration by S.T. Foreman of Bosham, West Sussex during the 1990s
- Formerly registered with the DVLA as 'MSU 202' prior to entering the current Irish ownership
Introduced in late 1947, the F-Series was Ford's first post-WW2 truck design. Also known as the Bonus-Built, the newcomer boasted a one-piece windscreen, wider cab and integrated headlamps. The majority of F-Series were supplied in Pickup, Panel Van, Cab over Engine or School Bus guises (though, Ford also sold bare chassis for speciality bodies to be built upon). Power was provided by a range of 'Flathead' straight-six and V8 engines. Most variants utilised three-speed manual transmissions but some of the heavier duty ones had five-speed gearboxes. Marmon-Herrington All Wheel Drive remained an option on all F-Series until 1959. Stylistically updated with a single-bar grille in 1951, the first-generation Bonus-Built was superseded by the F100 for the 1953 model-year. The F-Series Pickup proved to be the USA's best-selling vehicle for 23 years and its best-selling truck for 31.
Reputedly one of three such Ford F-1 light commercial chassis that were specially bodied in Cork for use by the US Ambassador to Ireland's bodyguard troupe, this unusual Woodie Estate later migrated to Llangendeirne, West Wales. Acquired by hoteliers Mr & Mrs Knowles of Bramshaw, Lyndhurst in February 1996, the Ford ferried numerous of their guests around over the next seventeen years.
Full nut and bolt refurbishment carried out in 2017 by WARREN CLASSICS in Much Hadham, England this vehicle is in near new condition.